This past week, I was so excited when the other dies arrived for my new Accuquilt machine.
I have to admit that I have worried about whether this was a frivolous purchase….would I really use it enough to warrant the money paid??
The first task was to work thru my scrap basket and get everything cut out and stored. I was completely dreading this job since I knew that it would take several days to get it all done.
BUT…..using the Accuquilt strip cutting dies, I was able to cut ALL of these in just 2.5 hours…..
It was fun to see my dog-bed sliver pile at the end of the afternoon…..
The next day I spent another 2.5 hours and cut squares out of the smaller pieces.
But, the REAL test came when I needed to cut 120 patches for two upcoming blocks, and most of these were only 1.5 inches. It only took TWENTY minutes to cut all of these…..
You may notice a few threads on the white squares. I learned that sometimes stray threads get caught in the dies and cause this. Now I know to clean them out!!!
The job for today is to piece these two blocks and make them turn out exactly 10.5 inches…..wish me luck!!!!