On the last morning of our retreat, I decided that I wanted to try a new pattern that I found in the latest American Quilter magazine.
I am not a huge fan of paper piecing but thought that this one might be fun to do.
One thing that I really liked about it was that you used 2.5 inch strips to do the piecing which meant that it was super easy to cut the fabrics.
What I didn’t like about it was that there was a large pile of wasted fabric once the block was pieced……
I like how the flower part looks and I may try more as the summer goes on, but I will NOT use strips….
I am glad that I made a test block and learned how I will change it going forward.
I am looking forward to working on it further!!