Yesterday was painting day….YEAH!!!
Before I started painting, I added a few more couched yarns to the top……
I was pretty nervous about applying the paint but once I had my dyeing apron on…..
…..I knew that I could do it!!!
I mixed up the two paints that I needed, adding quite a bit of water so that they were really thin…..
I also sprayed water over the top of the fiber art before I started painting. To apply the paint, I used three makeup sponges that were stuck together…..
Starting at the top, I began sponging blue paint…..
Then I moved to the green, using paper towels to blot up any excess paint…..
This is one of the interim looks for the piece…..
I kept on going, mingling the blue and green so that it didn’t look so much like a line between sky and meadow. I also mixed in some darker green, adding some highlights.
When I was finished with the actual painting, I added a few more details….. the daisies were lightly rubbed with a blue metallic paint…..
…..and a few darker highlights were added with a copper paint…..
This was the final result of the painting session……
I am quite pleased with it, especially liking the white highlights in the sky and the dark couched yarns.
Now I am off to learn about free-motion embroidery of the flower elements…..or maybe I will just leave it as it is!!!!