This week I have been able to continue working on the covered books.
The first one started with a piece of fabric that I used to soak up excess dyes. I really liked the mottled pastel color and added the four borders.
Next step was to fuse the design and add some threadwork…..
The next book started by going through a box of orphan blocks (those that were made but not used in a project). I found a small hand painted design that I have NO idea where it came from.
I started by adding yellow borders and was just going to put another border around the edge. Then I thought BORING!!!!!! so, I started angling the strips instead…..