While Michael was gone last week, I had planned to work as hard as I could on the Flower Pot quilt, hoping to have a fair amount of the quilting done before he returned. But, then came the opportunity to have lunches and dinners with various friends so I enjoyed the time of catching up and relaxing with them.
Then I got to thinking about one of my daughter’s friends who has recently been diagnosed with Breast Cancer. She is about to go thru extensive Chemotherapy followed by a Mastectomy and then more Radiation. As I thought about her, I knew that I wanted to make her a quilt.
I dug into my closet and found a group of blocks that I had started playing with back in January. See the original post here.
I cut some additional navy rectangles and started sewing like crazy to get a top finished……
I really liked the top left fabric so I cut another border with the idea that I would add yet another Navy one to the outside. However, I really liked how it looked with just the narrow border and then bound with a bit wider binding.
It is my hope and prayer that it will provide warmth and comfort during the next months of her life!!!!