The charity group of our guild has agreed to make quilts for the local Senior Center. They have a brand new, gorgeous building, but the dining room has vaulted ceilings and is almost entirely white…..can you say boring and echo-ey!!!
We are planning to make six or seven quilts, each measuring 60-65 inches square. We had been putting back tops that might work and I had been given the chore of figuring out how to make them all fit together. After staring at them for DAYS, I decided that it was an impossible task and so I started over.
I first looked for border fabrics, trying to pick floral prints that might go together. I then added fabrics for the inner borders and built the quilts around the borders.
These were the original sets of border fabrics, however I had to make a few changes as it went on because there wasn’t enough of a couple of the fabrics……
After making the first top, I put together 5 kits and various guild members are going to take the kit and finish a top. I warned them all to try the inner border before sewing it on just in case I have made another boo-boo. I found that it was really hard to select that particular border without actually seeing the quilt top first.
Here is the result of my efforts……
I cant wait to see the finished tops!!!!!