Today, I wanted to play a little bit and was thinking about using paper to cover a composition book. However, as I thought about it, I decided that fabric would be easier because I could fuse it to the book.
I started by looking for a design with a dragonfly and came across an online stained glass pattern. I pulled out my 3-1/2 inch and 2-1/2 inch strips and started using them to fill in the areas of the pattern.
Next step was to fuse it to the backing fabric and get out the threads and have FUN!!!! I enjoyed using some of my funkier threads, including one from India that I bought at a quilt show in England. Finally, I couched some yarns around the circle and started to cut off the tails, but decided that the looked good hanging off of the side.
After I fused the front and back fabrics, I added the strip over the spine of the book.
Here is the finished product…….
Anyway, it was a lot of fun and a great quick project for a Sunday afternoon.