Every so often I like to show the quilt that is currently hanging in my entryway. Most Februarys I use a quilt that my mother made many years ago, but this year I decided to dig a bit deeper and see what I could find, and this is what showed up…..
This quilt was a result of a color challenge for my guild in June of 2000. We each picked an envelope that had a poem about one color and, as you can see my color was
At the time my son was really into op-art designs so this one just captured my imagination. It was relatively easy to do as I followed a pattern. My addition to the quilt was the outside border that used leftovers from my center piece.
When I got ready to make the back, I was out of time and didn’t have one piece of fabric that was big enough, so I started throwing together two fabrics, sewing them together, cutting them apart again and then re-sewing.
What I discovered is that this is not as easy as it appears!!! Although I do like the way it turned out!!
My final step was picking a name……. “I’m Seeing Red” seemed appropriate.
This was one of the first quilts that was every judged in a show and I laughed when I read her comment that “there was too much movement with no place for the eye to rest”. What I wanted to shout was….”OF COURSE THERE IS MOVEMENT…..it is a Op-Art Quilt!!!!