This flower was one of the most fun to make. Once again, the stem was fairly short so I was looking for a flower that would move upward.
I started out by looking through this book of Origami Flower techniques …..
I started by cutting a strip of fabric, that was 2-1/2 inches wide and about 5 inches long. I sewed the short ends together to form a tube, turned it right side out and used a machine basting stitch to stitch along the top and bottom of each tube.
I carefully gathered the two ends and then pushed one end down into the other, causing a bowl to form. I dragged all of the threads to the back and tied them into a knot, leaving one thread on front to attach the large green bead.
When I attached these petals to the quilt top, I used seed beads to help hold the pieces in place and to also add some additional interest.
These last four flowers are basically simple beaded designs which I described in this post……