I figured that it was time to give you another update on the Nepal Monument quilt.
I will still go in and add a lot of details to the grass, including rocks and other things like that, but I’m pleased with the basics that I have right now.
I also decided to use a dark background for the monument opening as I think that it will be the best backdrop to the items that are going to be INSIDE of the opening.
I really am enjoying this new technique of just cutting the fabrics and pinning them onto the background. It only took two hours to lay down all of the sod (grass), and another hour to glue the pieces down.
But now I have to take it off the wall to work on a new project. My guild has a challenge that’s due on Tuesday (it is now Saturday), and I have an idea that I want to run with. So, I have started working on that.
I am also spending the day with my friend, Marianna, helping her make a quilt for her granddaughter!!!
I said that I wanted to find some creative time in December and I have done it!!!!
MORE TO COME…….