Two years ago we spent a month in Portugal, living in a small town outside of Porto. Just before we left, I put together a “Millefiore” quilt to work on while we were traveling. After working on it for a while, I realized that it was much too complicated for my limited handwork abilities!! This was the point that I gave up on the project…..
It doesn’t look too bad in this photo but there are TONS of mistakes and I knew that I wasn’t going to be happy with it.
…and thought that it would be a fun paper piecing exercise.
Then our Creative Group came up with the idea of doing round robin quilts using only handwork….a VERY scary idea for a few of us!!! I decided to take this already started project and use it as the basis for my round robin quilt.
The next step was to add a ledge to the top of the wall and a base for the bottom….
But there was one thing bothering me….. The stones didn’t have the correct look as there wasn’t enough continuity in color. So, I did what I often do and pulled out my paints and sponged the stones with a grey wash…..
It really helped!!!
I cant wait to see what everybody adds to it with applique, embroidery and/or beading!!!