When I last left you with the strip quilt, it looked like this……
As I looked at the photos, I realized that the two corner blocks did not look good because the angles were wrong. Several people said not to worry about it, but it kept bothering me so I eventually changed it……
I couldn’t figure out where to head next with the quilt so took the top to the Charity Bee that I go to on Wednesday morning and we all had a good look at it and everyone started making suggestions. Most agreed that there should be an accent inner border and then a larger outer border. Most people were going for a dark brown accept border, but Pat took one look and said “it has to be turquoise”. So, I took her suggestion and started playing with turquoise.
I liked how it looked, but couldn’t figure out what to put on the outside. I kept coming back to a reddish fabric but couldn’t make myself put it up against the turquoise. I yelled for Michael to come and he immediately thought that it looked great…..
Here is the finished top…..
I wanted to use the rest of the brown fabric on the back but there wasn’t quite enough so I pieced some strips to make an inset…..
I spent a long time thinking about how to quilt this piece. I wanted it to be a quick quilting job, but still wanted it to work with the pattern. For some reason, I just didn’t want to follow the piecing lines, so I finally decided to just use straight parallel lines…..
I am very happy with this quilt and love the way it softened up after washing.