I bought my Juki Sewing Machine about 2-1/2 years ago and I have really enjoyed it….except for my machine quilting!!
I have never been fully happy with the tension when I was doing free-motion quilting and I NEVER was able to get “ruler” quilting to look good. I had the top tension dialed down almost to 0 and the bobbin stitches were still making their way to the top…..
So, after spending a little time with Google, I came across a video by Westalee Rulers that talked about changing the Bobbin Tension. Like most of you, I was taught that you NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER did that.
Well, I was just frustrated enough to give it a try and, with much fear and trembling, I pulled out the screwdriver and got busy, adjusting it by about 5 “minutes” each time…..
In this case, I had to INCREASE the bobbin tension which also meant that I could tweak the top tension to be a bit tighter as well.
I spent a couple of hours free-motion quilting on a current project and had NO tension problems and NO thread breaking.
I have also decided to use a ruler to quilt the border which should make finishing much faster!!
So one of my goals for 2019 has already been reached…..learning more about doing ruler-work!!!