When I posted the Inspiration Tuesday photo last week…..
…..I mentioned that it really was calling to me. I kept thinking about it more and more so this weekend, I made a start on the project.
My first task was to put the photo into Photoshop and start cleaning it up as much as I could. I started by applying the “Poster Edge” Filter to help further define the lines…..
I knew that I didn’t need the lights that ran along the top so I started by roughly erasing those….
Finally, I knew that I didn’t want the hooked lines that ran out from the middle ladder, so it was off with their heads…..
When I was happy with the clean-up job, I put the photo into Powerpoint so that I could play with the sizing a bit. I made the photo 6inches by 9 inches and then printed it out using the poster function. This enlarged the photo so that it was printed on a 3×3 page grid, making the finished product about 18 x 30 inches…..
I cut out and taped the 9 pages together…..
….and voila….my full size pattern was born!!
Now, you may have noted that the orientation of the photo has changed. When I printed out a full size photo, Michael and I both looked at it and decided that it needed to be upside down…..
It was simply too top-heavy in the original version.
I started looking at the full-size pattern and realized that there were other unnecessary lines so I started cleaning up some more…..using correction tape this time!!….
So, the final pattern is ready to go…..
Now comes the fun part……
5 thoughts on “My new “thinker” quilt!!”
Can’t wait to find out what you do with this!
Looks like you are hooked!
I am so behind as my internet connection and a new blogger interface is hindering me. But WOW! An ambitious project and I can see why you are intrigued. A great creative push forward!