In all the 35 years that I have been quilting, I have NEVER worried much about how my batting was stored. Any leftover cuts just got tossed into the corner of the closet and, when I needed some for a new quilt, I would rifle thru them until I found one that would fit.
But, in the last few years, I started measuring the leftovers and marking how big each piece was…..
It was a good idea…..or rather PART of a good idea!!
There were two problems….. first of all, when you use safety pins to attach the size paper, bad things can happen…..
After this mishap, I got smart and just used the post-it note wrapped around the tie…..
The next step was to make a listing of the battings that I have on hand. Instead of writing it down on a piece of paper that I would lose, I went to my task board and dedicated a corner to battings…..
Now I just have to remember to mark them off when I use them!!
The final step was to bag up the smaller rolls and clean up my storage…..
I didn’t have a photo of “before” but I can GUARANTEE you that it looks SO much better!!
Now to get back to making quilts that can use up those bats!!!