This past weekend I made a quick baby quilt for a friend of mine. She was wanting something with a teddy bear and I thought that this little guy was perfect.
As I got ready to add the borders, I simply could NOT find a fabric that I liked for the borders, although I was pretty sure that I wanted to use a light yellow inner border
I also knew that I wanted to make it a bit longer, so I planned to make the bottom borders a bit wider than the side ones.
After about an hour of going thru my fabrics and deciding that I simply DID NOT have the appropriate fabric, I made a quick trip to my local quilt shop (fortunately only 1 mile away) and, as usual, they had the perfect fabric!!!
Once I had added the yellow borders and then put this fabric on the outside, I felt that it needed something else so I ended up adding the 1 inch blue border.
Here is a detail of one of the cute bees……
I had a wonderful time making this simple, sweet quilt!!!!
Today, I wanted to play a little bit and was thinking about using paper to cover a composition book. However, as I thought about it, I decided that fabric would be easier because I could fuse it to the book.
I started by looking for a design with a dragonfly and came across an online stained glass pattern. I pulled out my 3-1/2 inch and 2-1/2 inch strips and started using them to fill in the areas of the pattern.
Next step was to fuse it to the backing fabric and get out the threads and have FUN!!!! I enjoyed using some of my funkier threads, including one from India that I bought at a quilt show in England. Finally, I couched some yarns around the circle and started to cut off the tails, but decided that the looked good hanging off of the side.
After I fused the front and back fabrics, I added the strip over the spine of the book.
Here is the finished product…….
Anyway, it was a lot of fun and a great quick project for a Sunday afternoon.