Yesterday I finished the story of Marnie’s guitar quilt top.
The next step was to get it quilted!! I asked if she wanted to quilt it using a walking foot and lots of straight vertical lines or did she want me to free-motion-quilt it.
She chose FMQ so we sat at the machine and she watched while I quilted.
We kept the design simple with wavy lines that followed the “landscape” look…..
It was fast and easy and before long it was finished and ready for binding.
We tried a couple of binding fabrics but finally decided that a good black fabric would frame it best…..
Doesn’t she look happy with the finished quilt…..
AND…..I do believe that she has caught the bug.
She was recently given a nice sewing machine, quilting supplies and patterns, and she has already picked out the first quilt that she wants to make!!!
I can’t wait to see what she creates over the years!!!