Yesterday I showed you what everybody else was doing at the retreat.
Now it is MY turn!!!
I started out by working on the Monarch Challenge and left it at this point…..
There is a lot more to do on this piece and I will start giving you a “blow-by-blow” description of the process this next week.
The next project was the “Winnie The Pooh” baby quilt which I have shown you over the past week…..
Next, I finished a project that my friend Claire had started back in 2020. She had pieced all of the blocks and we had cut all of the sashings and borders so it was fast work to finish the piecing…..
It has been basted and given to Mary who has just bought a sit-down long arm. It will be a cheerful piece for her to practice on and then it will be donated to our guild charity work.
I found a couple of hours to spend at the lake, and yes, I laid down and took a nap in the swing…..
I had a bit of time left on the last evening so it was time to start another project.
Just before I left for the retreat, one of my clients told me that she was dropping off a “bag of goodies” for me. In it, I found these green and orange fabrics…..
I had watched a YouTube tutorial about making this block…..
….and it didn’t take long to graph it out…..
(I promise that these are orange…..they just photographed as pink!!)
I started by making the 4″ by 8″ flying geese blocks, but since there was so much waste fabric, I sewed a second line……
…..and ended up with 48 “free” 1/2-square triangles……
As the final morning of the retreat wound down, I finished piecing the 6 blocks……
….but it obviously needs some more planning to finish. It will make a bright and cheery charity quilt.
AND…..before I was ready, it was time to pack up and head home again……
I am already looking forward to the next retreat in September!!!