Sadie the Saddlebill

Yes, after lots of delaying tactics, I have finally made a start on my Collage quilt!!

I had finally found my stash of “Misty Fused” fabrics that were left over from a workshop that I apparently enjoyed so little, that I didn’t take any photos AND threw the piece out when I got home!!

But, that isn’t important!! The important thing is that I had a small stash of black/grey pieces that were already fused and ready to go!!

As I mentioned in my previous post about this quilt, I had drawn the design onto non-fusible, lightweight interfacing and was ready to start adding fabrics.

I decided that the ideal place to start was on the larger feathers so began but cutting out LOTS of feather shapes to use…..

I had a great time adding the feathers here and there while trying to follow the colorations in the inspiration photo…

Once I was happy with a section, I used the mini iron that I bought YEARS ago and lightly ironed the fused pieces in place…..

When I came to irregular shapes, I used my lightboard to help determine the fabric shape….

….and then used those guidelines to roughly cut it out of fabric…..

…and then carefully added it to the existing piece….

If you cant see it here, I will tell you that I made a mistake and took the super-easy way out to fix it, but that is for another post…..

Please come back for more!!

I love to hear from my readers....please leave a comment