Over the last three days I have had time to finish making the last four houses. It was much easier to do them all at one time……
First cutting all of the strips……
….then doing the painting…..
and even having time for them to dry naturally!!!
As I got down to the method for putting them together, I remembered to take some photos.
The first step is to attach a roof to each of the four walls…..
The attachment is done by butting the edges up against one another and sewing with a wide zig-zag stitch.
You also sew a base to one of the walls.
The next step is to attach all of the roofs starting at the base and ending at the point…..
Finally, you start sewing the sides together, but this time you don’t butt the fabrics up. Instead, you place the edges wrong sides together and sew a zig-zag stitch over the edge…..
I sewed the last seam starting at the base and ending at the point again…..
I used the walking foot with my stitching to make sure that everything stayed flat.
After stuffing each house with a bit of fiberfill…..
…..I used 2 strands of embroidery floss to attach the last three sides of the base…..
Here are the finished products…..
I am SUPER pleased with them!!!!
After I finished today, I cleaned my studio and said goodbye for a few months. I am doubtful that I will be spending much time there for a while, but at least my last project was loads of fun!!!