A little over 11 weeks after moving everything out of my studio, I can say that EVERYTHING is finished and back in order and that creating can begin again!!!!
And that deserves a HALLELUJAH!!!!
The actual construction took a bit over 3 weeks and I have spent the last 7-1/2 weeks putting everything back into place, with most time being spent at the ironing board, working thru all of the fabrics.
The cleaning and organizing process might have been faster if I had kept this advice…..
But today, I put the last piece onto the shelves and did the final re-organization. This is the rainbow result….
In the end, I moved the fabric stacks around some to get the colors that I use more often in the easiest spots. I also found that some of the earlier colors were stacked too high, meaning that it was really hard to get things in and out of the cubbies. So, as I moved things around I also split some into shorter stacks.
The shelves on the far right contain boxes of unfinished projects. I am hoping that, if they are out in the open, I might actually get them finished……time will tell!!!
My room is now divided into two areas…. cutting and sewing……
Here is a wide view of the entire room. Enjoy it now because it will NEVER be this clean again…..
My first project is a Quilt-of-Valor using one of the patterns that I showed last week…..
It was so much fun to finally start using the room in the manner in which it was intended…..
….although I was a bit nervous and wondered if I really remembered how to cut and piece!!!
It was a relief to find out that I did remember the basics!!!