If you have been following along, I have now made THREE attempts to find a good background for “Sadie, the Saddle-Billed Stork”.
Yesterday I told you about painting a background with Tulip Fabric Paints but that it still wasn’t quite right!!
Now I ordered better fabric paints…this time using Plebeo “Setacolor” brand.
I traced my outlines onto the fabric using a GREEN Inktense pencil this time.
I learned my lesson about using BLACK…..it is too apparent!!
I started mixing paints and began the painting process using small strokes on wet fabric….
As I continued, I became happier and happier with the results…..
….and quickly finished the background…..
Once it had dried, I added Sadie….
THAT WILL WORK!!!
As I looked further at it and compared it to the original photo…..
….I realized that the center section needs some more work so Iteration #5 will include changing the color and adding some shadows.
But, I haven’t done that yet so you will need to wait a few days for that post!!