Well, after 4 tries, I think that I am finally happy with the background for the Saddle-Billed Stork collage.
Yesterday, I posted about painting this background……
As I looked further at it, I realized that I wanted to add a bit more shading to the two blue-green areas and also some more definition to the meadow in the foreground.
I decided that the best way to fix the meadow was using my trusty sea sponge and made a video to show you the process. If you have never worked with sponge painting, it is fun, easy, and adds SO much texture to the painting….
This is the final view…..
I am not super happy with the dark blue/green on the top left, but I think that I can work on it more with the quilting.
However, I AM super happy with the meadow area…..
It is going to be so much fun to add threads, thin pieces of fabric, and other yarns to make this area stand out.
Stay tuned for LOTS more!!!