For the last month, I have been talking about my upcoming series…..
Twelve Ways to Quilt a Sawtooth Star
Remember that you can download the FREE pattern for the Sawtooth Star Quilt HERE
BUT….what if you want to participate in the challenge, but you don’t have time to whip up the quilt top?
DO NOT DESPAIR!!
There are lots of other ways that you can join in……
- Each week I will provide a pdf of a Sawtooth Star block. You can print it out and draw your designs rather than quilt them.
- You can trace the design onto fabric and quilt it that way. It is a simple block to draw out….only a few straight lines. If you don’t want to “waste” good fabric, you can use a cheap cotton blend fabric or even sheets that you buy at a thrift store. If you find a cheap blanket there, use it for the batting!! Remember, the point is to learn and try NEW designs…..not to create a piece of art!!
- You can draw the design out on Shop Towels and quilt those instead of fabric. Check out this post about using Shop Towels.
- If you have a drawing program on your I-pad (such as Procreate), I will provide a jpg of the pattern and you can draw along.
- As a worst case scenario, you can save the video links so that you can do this exercise on your own time!!!
As you can see, there is NO reason not to play along……remember……
We start next Friday, April 1st!!!!
Please email me if you have any questions!!