Every time that I sit down to a new quilt, the five-word question in my head is…..
HOW DO I QUILT IT????
If you have followed my progress, you know that I have participated in four free-motion-quilting challenges and even written my own (check it out here).
But all that means is that I have so many designs in my head that I can’t remember which ones I like and which ones I didn’t!!
So, I decided that it was time to get things organized a bit better and give myself a reference book to use when I ask that particular question!!
I started out with a notebook and added a fun cover to it…..
I decided to call it Free Motion FUN, because that it what it is supposed to be…..FUN…..not drudgery!!
Next I started adding pages to this reference guide…..
Tension and needle/thread instructions that I found online….
- Pages from my free-motion course called “MOVE IT”…..
- Instruction sheets from the Angela Walters FMQ challenges (I only included the designs that I really liked)…..
- Designs from various classes that I have taken over the years…..
- Instructions for the rulers that I own…..
- Photocopies of magazine articles that had interesting designs (YES….it is punched on the wrong side and upside down….sigh!!)
- And, finally, the instructions for my Juki Sit-Down Long Arm….
So now….hopefully….. when I ask the dreaded question, I can quickly flip thru my idea book and start quilting!!!
If you want to make your own idea book, I am sharing the cover design with you. Just click on the photo to download the pdf file…….