Sometimes it seems that it takes me longer to get ready to create than it does to actually create.
For instance, on Saturday I wanted to do some work on a project that I am working on. Unfortunately, when I entered my studio it looked like this…..
The first step was to clean things up again, so I…..
– picked up the bits of fused fabric, clips of paper and general trash
– emptied the trash can
– moved the stray pins to the pincushion
– moved the scissors and rotary cutters into their proper drawer
– moved the rulers back onto the wall
– put all of the loose thread spools back into their boxes
– moved all of the fabric boxes back onto the shelf.
FINALLY…onto the creating (which I cant show right now), but here is a sneak peak
SO…..after 2 hours of working in here, this is what it looks like now……
This obviously begs the question of “why did I bother to clean it in the first place????”
2 thoughts on “Getting ready to create”
You know what I see in your picture? All those ribbons! Your mess is very well worth those!
Ha-ha, that's great–mess is universal with artists and crafters. Love your flowers!