As I mentioned in the last post, my Creative Group has been working on a handwork round robin. Since they are still in process, I can’t show you full photos, but maybe can show a few highlights of what I have seen (and done) so far.
The first project that I received was Brenda’s……
She went with classic crazy quilt blocks…..one for each of the 8 of us. She also provided a large box of Perle cottons.
It took me a long time to decide what I wanted to do but I finally just dove in and started stitching!!
It was a bit nerve racking, but in the end I was happy with my block.
Next I received Cleo’s piece. It started out like this…..
….with the idea that each of us would decorate 2, 3 or more of the squares. I really enjoyed this project and found it easier to figure out what to do and get started on it…..
Next was Denise’s project and this is the one that I had been dreading most!! She presented it to us like this…..
….with the thought that it was a marsh scene. It think that everyone in the group took a sharp breath when we saw what we were going to be working with!
Interestingly, when I got it, I immediately knew what I wanted to add….
It was fun to look thru my threads to find something that would look like tree moss…..
I received Fay’s as soon as we returned from China and unfortunately, I managed to hand it off (THIS MORNING) without taking a photo of it!!! This is what she gave us…..
….a simple embroidery outline. When it came to me, I embroidered the two smaller flower/leaves. I think that this will be a really fun piece when it is finished.
The latest project that I have received was from Linda and I had been looking forward to it…..
Several fun things had already been added but I felt like the trailer was floating off of the ground and needed to be grounded so I added touches that would do just that…..
It has been interesting that each project has been easier to start and even more fun to work. I cant wait for the next two…..
Deb gave this to us…..
It should certainly be fun to play on!!!
And lastly, Ruhanna provided this Autumn offering….
As a result of this project, I have started my collection of Perle Cottons and cleaned up my other threads….but more about that in the next post!!