Yesterday, I posted about fixing a mistake on the body of “Sadie the Saddle-Billed Stork”.
Today I am moving onto the neck and head.
I started working my way up the neck, drawing some of the shapes onto fabric using a wash-out marker…..
As I progressed up the neck, I used skinny pins to hold the pieces in place…..
….and when I was happy with it, I used my mini iron…..
…..to fuse them in place.
The only problem that I encountered was with fabric shadowing behind the yellow…..
I ended up doubling the fabric and that took care of most of the shadows. I figure that, once I have heavily stitched the area, it won’t be a problem!!
Before I knew it, Sadie had some personality…..
Next, it was time to move to her legs, starting with the knees first…..
Aren’t they cute!!!
Then I added the Hammies (hamstrings)…..
….and finished her gams with some shapely thighs…..
She is looking a bit chunky!!