When I last left you with the Botero project, it was at this phase….
Now I was ready to attach the cheesecloth piece to the painted piece. Before I did that, I ironed a piece of Shearweight Fusible Pellon Interfacing (#906F) on the back to further stabilize the fabric….
….and used my scissors to “rough-up” the cheesecloth edges so it didn’t look so “perfect”!!
I chose to only attach it on the sides, leaving the top open…..
Now it was time to couch some more threads on, starting with a variegated yarn and then moving to a “Sugar and Cream” thread that is used to crochet dishrags……
The “messy” bits look great in the garden…..
Now it was time to add leaves!!
I grabbed my packages of green crumb fabrics…..
….and started free-cutting leaves and adding them to the top…..
I REALLY like how that looks!!!
I was having so much fun doing this part, that I made a video about the process…..
At the end of the day, I had a greened-up background……
I can’t WAIT to start adding flowers (color) to it!!!!
4 thoughts on “The greening of Botero”
Frances, when I read this post, the video was unavailable. . .
Thanks for letting me know Andrea. For some reason, it hadn’t ever finished updating on Youtube!!
Loved the video. This is going to be SEW cute!
Thanks Jean. I am REALLY having fun working on it!!!