Yesterday I got the leaves ready to add to the milkweed plant.
Now it was time to work on the flower head.
As I mentioned in a previous post, I had several different kinds of flowers….some with fusible and some double-sided.
I ran into the SAME problem with the double-sided flowers. They were too small for me to add the thread accents.
SO, I did the exact same thing as yesterday, using Sticky Vilene to sandwich the flowers….
….but ran into the same problem of not being able to see the flowers when it was under the machine.
So, I outlined them…..
….and started stitching…..
After a few dunkings in warm water, the flowers were ready to use…..
Now I moved back to the leaves and realized that they didn’t show up enough in their current state…..
Out came the fabric paint and my trusty sponge…..
…and I added some additional color to the outside of all of the leaves.
That helped, but they still needed something else….. maybe the veins need to be more prominent??
Out came the Fabrico markers…..
….and at this point I declared the leaves finished…..
So here it stands…..
Now I need to figure out what will be fused down before I quilt and what will wait until after.
You may have to wait a few days for that because I REALLY need some thinking time…….
In this blog, I post DAILY stories about creativity, techniques, tools of the trade, and lots more about the wonderful art of quilting. If you are enjoying these posts, please subscribe to be notified of each new blog.
You also might also be interested in the free pattern that you receive when you subscribe to my email newsletter.
Both of these sign-up forms are in the right column….scroll ALL the way up if you are on a desktop and ALL the way down if you are on your phone!! And, please share this post with someone who might enjoy it!!