Early this year, our daughter Jenny and her husband Kevin announced that they were expecting their first child…..and OUR first grandchild!! Needless to say we were SO excited!!
And of course, my first thought was making a quilt.
When Jenny told me it was a boy and she was thinking about a jungle/safari theme, I knew EXACTLY what I wanted to make!!
You see, back in the early 1980’s we lived in Australia and there was a sweatshirt pattern in a magazine that I had clipped out to keep. Over the years I had purged many of these patterns but this one had stayed around……
I had actually made a version of it one time previously for Jenny’s best friend Emily…..
I was concerned about making the same quilt, but when I asked Jenny she assured me that she didn’t mind and would love it!!
So, I printed out a full-size pattern……
….and started adding body parts……
I quickly had all of the animals ready to fuse…..
….but couldn’t decide what background to use…..
Once I made a decision, I fused most of the animals down, added the inside border, and then fused the rest down…..
And, the final dark blue border was the perfect finish…..
I also wanted to put something special on the back so found a cute monkey on a coloring sheet and let him “hang around” on the back…..
I will leave it here for now and tomorrow will talk about the quilting process.
IT WAS SO MUCH FUN!!!