At the Charity Bee last week, I cut out squares and fabrics to make a simple quilt that alternates plain squares with rail fence blocks. There was not enough fabric to cut all of the blocks the same so I added a different fabric for a few of the squares.
I easily pieced the rail fence blocks and placed all of the pieces on my design wall…..
We were having some friends over for dinner that night, so I decided to do a little bit of vacuuming…..a VERY bad idea. As I maneuvered around my design wall, several of the pieces blew off and one got caught in the mechanism of the vacuum cleaner….
Of course it was the one that had a limited number……Oh no!!
I thought that there was one extra so I quickly pulled it out of the scraps only to find that it was not an entire block….
I ended up having to add another of the alternate blocks to the quilt…..
I like the look of the finished quilt but it would have been SO much easier if I had just never bothered to vacuum. Believe me, I will not make that mistake again!!!!
3 thoughts on “Conclusive proof that vacuuming is bad…..”
I'm always looking for a good excuse not to vacuum so thanks for this one. I actually think that the revised version looks better.
This is a great little charity quilt. I am impressed with your solution. It works well.
I'm glad you learned your lesson, vacuuming really is evil!