Way back on September 13, 2009, I posted about the start of a project…..
I then posted again on March 31, 2010 about the next step in the process……
On April 11, 2010 I posted about making the back and getting it basted…..
Finally, on July 24, 2011, I wrote about the quilting designs that I had picked…..
Notice that the dates have ranged over a period of 2 years. NOW, over TWO years later (4 years since I started), I have finished the quilt!!!
I am pleased with how the Mandala patterns look quilted in the alternating blocks…..
I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do in the outside border, but thought that I wanted to do more flowers. I eventually decided to work with a vine of flowers and leaves…..
The first ones that I did were pretty simple and straight forward, but as I worked around the border, I became more adventurous and my flowers became stranger and stranger, but lots of fun!!!
I started the border by using the walking foot to quilt an undulating line around the entire border. When I got back to the beginning, I switched to a darning foot and re-stitched the vine, adding flowers here and there. At first I put X’s where the flowers were going to be, but after doing one side, I decided to just go with the flow.
The back was made from leftover fabrics as well…..
This quilt will now go into a closet next to my favorite chair and will become my “go-to” quilt when I want to snuggle under something!!!!
It is SO good to have finally finished this old friend!!!