Yesterday, I talked about quilting the background of the Flower Field quilt, leaving it at this stage…..
Now I needed to figure out how to finish the edges of the quilt. I debated about adding a border to the final quilt but quickly decided that it didn’t need it.
It was time to square up the quilt and I used my laser Square…..
I was surprised about how much the fabric had shifted and skewed during the surface design process.
After it was squared up….
….I had to decide how to finish the quilt edges.
I would have preferred to simply face the quilt but I was afraid that having all of the dimensional stuff along the edges would mean that a facing wouldn’t have turned well.
In the end, I added binding but matched two separate binding fabrics to the top and bottom so that it wasn’t as noticeable. This was a great compromise to facing the quilt.
At long last, the experiment was finished!!…….
It was such a fun process and I look forward to trying something like this again really soon!!!
Now I just have to find a name for the quilt……