Yesterday I mentioned my dilemma about how to quilt my latest project. Since I couldn’t figure out exactly what to do, I started with a couple of simple things that I saw.
But where to go next???
I spent some time on Procreate, playing with various ideas……
….but none of them truly appealed to me. However, I did like PARTS of them!!
Firstly, I added the “petals” in part of the negative space…..
Then I added matching arcs to the outside of the pinwheel…..
Now, that made a really funky shape!!!
I then thought about quilting a circle around the pinwheel, but that didn’t turn out so well…..
The idea was good, but I didn’t have a ruler big enough to do the circle and it ended up being lumpy and bumpy, and out came the seam ripper!!!
I started looking at my rulers and realized that this one could be used to make a design that was ALMOST a circle…..
What if I use that arc and be sure to hit each of the points? THAT will work!!
But what to do next?
I found another of Angela’s new rulers…..
…and thought that it might be fun to add a flower design!!
In the end, I used three different rulers to quilt each side of the pinwheel. First I used the arc ruler to quilt from one point down to the next…..
Then I used “Petunia” to quilt the next design, ending back up where I had started…..
I liked how this looked……
….but I knew that I needed a third line to bring me to a position where I could move forward to the next side. I solved this problem by adding another arc, using yet another ruler…..
The final design looked like this…..
I am happy with how the quilting turned out and am pleased to say that every bit of the interior quilting was done using 5 rulers…..
For the two outside borders, I chose to use a couple of curvy line designs…..
Here is the finished quilt……
This has been a sweet project from inception to finish and it makes me happy to remember my new friends on the other side of the world!!!