As I started cleaning up my leftovers from the Brown Strip quilt, I realized that I had TONS and TONS and TONS of strips that I had cut and never used…..
I knew that they would just languish in the scrap drawer so I took things into my own hands and started piecing them together to make FOUR strips that would fit end-to-end on the back. I added some other solid strips and ended up with this as a back…..
I was running out of the main fabric and was getting desperate as I finished the last outside strip. I ended up piecing FOUR 2.5 inch strips together to make it long enough…..
Count them….FOUR seams!!!
Now….what can I start next to avoid having to think about quilting this!!!!
One thought on “Brown Strip Quilt gets a back….”
Great way to use all the pieces. And it does look like it was a close call at the end.
I have just had to do the same with one of the backings for a quilt, too.
I am sure you can find a distraction from quilting the top!