A few weeks back, I posted about making crumb blocks and showed three that I had finished. A few days later I finished 6 more so ended up with 9 finished blocks……
They were luscious but now the question was “what to do with them”!!!
My first decision was to finish each block with a one inch black border….
I kept thinking about flying geese and decided to experiment on the green block. This was my first attempt…..
Nope….the back polka dot is TOO much!!!
No again….the grey is too bland!!!
How about a mottled black…..
Okay, I like that…..let’s try another one…..
YES…..we have a winner!!
I spent the next few hours at the machine madly sewing flying geese. I do love when the pieces back up behind the needle…..
….except when I realize that I ran out of bobbin thread ELEVEN geese ago!!!!
I did make one other decision about the black block…..
I felt that the white was too prominent but rather than re-piecing it, I simply got out a grey Fabrico marker and toned down the whites…..
It isn’t greatly different but I think that it is better.
Now to figure out the layout and borders!!!!